High-performing, mission-critical aerospace, government and defense logistics solutions
GXO is the industry’s leading innovator of global aerospace logistics. Whether you need outsourced support for the maintenance of aircraft fleets in service, the launch of new aircraft or Lean manufacturing processes, we can ensure exceptional performance. We’ll customize aerospace logistics solutions to your requirements and manage distribution to maximize uptime. Your supply chain will have the full benefit of our cutting-edge solutions, delivered by operations certified to AS 9100 and 9120 quality standards.
- Business intelligence and shop floor integration
- Contract manufacturing
- Delivery management, including aircraft on ground (AOG) support
- Demand planning
- Digital tracking of units during storage and fulfilment
- Inbound inventory receipt, detrashing, inspection and testing
- Kitting, specialized packaging, point-of-use delivery and bin management
- Network optimization, including global spares management
- Reverse logistics, with refurbishment and repair of returns
- Specialized inventory segregation and secure storage
- Vendor-managed inventory programs
GXO has a demonstrated track record of excellence in serving the government sector. Our logistics processes produce consistently accurate results while meeting highly regulated standards. We’ll customize our services to meet your needs, and integrate our technology with specialized and legacy platforms if you want seamless visibility. In addition to the services listed above, we provide government customers with managed transportation, recall management, cross-docking, lead logistics provider (LLP) services and other types of critical supply chain support.
GXO is a trusted logistics partner to government agencies, including branches of the military. We have US distribution centers with government clearance that are Defense Logistics Agency and Defense Contract Audit Agency compliant for inventory receipt, storage and shipping of government-owned property and materials. Our tracking systems for US military equipment have been deployed worldwide. In addition to the services listed above, we provide Wide Area Work Flow and Defense Contract Management Agency interfaces, MIL-STD packaging and labeling, durable goods storage and systematic inventory segregation by owner and government property management.
Decades of excellence in global aerospace logistics support
GXO began managing spare parts distribution for two US defense programs about two decades ago. A leading aerospace manufacturer had been handling distribution in-house and chose to partner with us. By 2018, this relationship had grown to include the management of more than 50 programs across 550,000 square feet at five distribution centers. We saw an opportunity to simplify operations and realize efficiencies for our customer.
We designed a two-site solution that consolidated existing operations into a new, climate-controlled, 673,000 square-foot warehouse and an existing, fully automated, 138,000 square-foot warehouse. This enabled us to manage all parts inventories consistently on a single technology system and streamline processes while upholding quality standards.
Our implementation team of subject-matter experts maintained the uptime of each program during the transition. We also synchronized our order management system with the customer’s business systems to ensure accuracy and removed excess packaging materials from inventory for more efficient storage.
- Improved productivity, inventory management, safety and flexibility, with seamless adaptation to changes in volume and the integration of new programs
- Increased capacity to over 255,500 stocking locations across two sites
- Implemented 2,400 linear feet of advanced sortation conveyors
- Integrated Cubiscan technology for weighing and measuring SKUs
- Optimized facility space to include 30,000 square feet of office space and a 2,500 square-foot secure room with drive-in access